When you visit a site to download PS2 BIOS, you will be asked to select a region and version. For those unaware, there are a total of three PS2 BIOS versions available on the internet — USA, Japan, and Europe.
If you don’t know which version to download to play PlayStation 2 games on PC or Mobile, I advise you to select the region you live in.
If you don’t live in any of these regions, selecting the USA region of PS2 BIOS is highly recommended.
There is no denying that all of these three versions are highly popular among gamers but what people are currently searching for the most is the Japanese PS2 BIOS version.
Since our website is dedicated to PS2 BIOS, we will be sharing the download link to all three versions here.
Before I share the download link to all PS2 BIOS versions, let’s take a brief description of PS2 BIOS.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
What is PS2 BIOS ?
PlayStation 2 BIOS is nothing but a program simulating PS2 Games on your PC or Mobile.
There are plenty of PS2 Emulators available on the internet but there is hardly anyone that allows you to play PS2 Games on PC or Mobile without using the PS2 BIOS file.
If you wish to play PS2 games on PC and Mobile but don’t know which one to select then I recommend you download PCSX2 on PC and AetherSX2, and DamonPS2 on Smartphone, respectively.
After downloading and installing PCSX2, when you set it up to play PS2 games, you will be asked to select the programming language and run the configuration task BIOS Configuration.
For the unversed, PS2 BIOS is a collection of ROM Files helping PS2 emulators emulate PlayStation 2 games on PC, Mac, and Smartphone.
PS2 BIOS All Versions of USA, Europe, and Japan Regions
|File Name:||PS2 BIOS|
|File Type:||BIOS Files For PS2 Emulators|
|Supporting:||PCSX2, AetherSX2, DamonPS2 and All Other PS2 Emulators|
|Category:||BIOS For Emulators|
As mentioned above, there are a total of three versions of PS2 BIOS available on the internet. The majority of people use the Japanese version of the PS2 BIOS file.
Irrespective of which region PlayStation 2 BIOS file you want to download, click on the following link and download it now.
Regardless of which version you select, you simply need to click on the Click here option located next to the version you want.
PS2 BIOS All Versions and All Regions PCSX2 Screenshots
Download PS2 BIOS (All Versions + All Regions)
Note: Download PS2BIOS.rar file and extract it using WinRAR software/app to get PS2 bios files for PS2 Emulators.
- When you do so, you will be taken to the MediaFire website, where you have to click on the Download Now button.
- When you do so, the downloading process will begin. When you download the RAR file, you need to right-click on it and then select ‘Extract Here’.
- When you do so, the folder will be extracted. When you go to the Extracted Folder, you will find the following BIOS ROM Files.
PS2 BIOS All Versions and All Regions List:
- Japan v01.00 (17/01/2000) Console.
- Japan v02.20 (05/09/2006) Console.
- Europe v01.60 (04/10/2001) Console.
- Europe v02.00 (14/06/2004) Console.
- Europe v02.00 (04/11/2004) Console.
- Europe v2.20 (10/02/2006) Console.
- USA v01.60 (07/02/2002) Console.
- USA v1.60 (19/03/2002) Console.
- USA v02.00 (14/06/2004) Console.
That’s everything you need to know about the versions of PS2 BIOS.
Do you want to download PS2 BIOS on a Mac ?
If your answer is YES then you definitely are in the perfect place.
It has been more than a decade since the production of the PlayStation 2 console stopped but there are tons of gamers across the world who still play PS2 Games on Android, Windows, and Mac.
Sadly, there is a huge section of gamers who still don’t know how to download PS2 BIOS on Mac and play PlayStation 2’s exclusive games on Mac.
If that’s you then look no further as we have a step-by-step guide explaining the same in the simplest way possible.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
Using PS2 Emulator On Mac
When you search for PS2 BIOS for Mac on the internet, you will see an endless list of websites and YouTube videos claiming to have what you have been searching for.
Unfortunately, when you click on that website and YouTube links, you will not get the desired file or information.
Irrespective of whether you want to play PS2 Games on Android, Windows, and Mac, you must download an Emulator, PCSX2.
There are plenty of PS2 emulators out there but not all of them are compatible with Mac. Fortunately, PCSX2 is compatible with Mac.
- If you don’t know how to download PCSX2 for Mac, visit our homepage where we have explained the entire process in detail.
- Once you have successfully downloaded PCSX2 for Mac, you need to download the PS2 BIOS file, which is a mandatory file to experience PlayStation 2 games on a Mac or Windows.
- Apart from downloading the PS2 BIOS file, you will need a bunch of plugins to enjoy PS2 games to the fullest.
- Before you start playing any PS2 game on Mac, make sure you have the CG Framework package installed.
- The CG Framework package that we are talking about is not mandatory but it can enhance the quality of your gameplay.
- After installing the CG Framework, launch PCSX2 on your Mac and head to the Config Menu. There, you will have to select the ‘Configure’ option.
- Now, you will have to click on the ‘Select BIOS Fir’ button. When you click on it, a dialogue box will appear on the screen.
- When it appears, double-click on the BIOS Folder. When you do so, the PCSX2 will set the folder as the location of the BIOS file.
- Once everything is done, insert a PS2 game into your DVD Drive open the emulator on the Mac file Menu, and then select Run CD/DVD or Run ISO image, based on the medium you are using.
- When you perform these steps correctly, you will be able to play PS2 games on a Mac without any issues or errors.
- If you encounter any issues or errors while playing PS2 games on Mac, try to use the different audio and video plugins.
- Changing different audio and video plugins might not fix the issue you are having but there are plenty of users who reported having resolved the issue by using the same method.
That’s everything you need to know about how to play PS2 games on Mac using PCSX2.
PS2 BIOS Files Names Full List:
- Sony PlayStation 2 BIOS (U)(v1.6)(2002-03-19)[SCPH39004].mec
- Sony PlayStation 2 BIOS (U)(v1.6)(2002-03-19)[SCPH39004].nvm
- Sony PlayStation 2 BIOS (U)(v1.6)(2002-02-07)[SCPH39001].nvm
- Sony PlayStation 2 BIOS (U)(v1.6)(2002-02-07)[SCPH39001].mec
- Sony PlayStation 2 BIOS (E)(v1.6)(2001-10-04)[SCPH30004].nvm
- Sony PlayStation 2 BIOS (E)(v1.6)(2001-10-04)[SCPH30004].mec
- Sony PlayStation 2 BIOS (E)(v2.0)(2004-11-04)[SCPH50003].bin
- Sony PlayStation 2 BIOS (J)(v0.1)(2000-01-17)[SCPH10000].bin
- Sony PlayStation 2 BIOS (J)(v2.20)(2006-09-05)[SCPH-90006].bin
- Sony PlayStation 2 BIOS (U)(v1.6)(2002-02-07)[SCPH39001].bin
- Sony PlayStation 2 BIOS (E)(v1.6)(2001-10-04)[SCPH30004].bin
- Sony PlayStation 2 BIOS (E)(v2.0)(2004-06-14)[SCPH70004].bin
- Sony PlayStation 2 BIOS (U)(v1.6)(2002-03-19)[SCPH39004].bin
- Sony PlayStation 2 BIOS (E)(v2.20)(2006-02-10)[SCPH-77008].bin
- Sony PlayStation 2 BIOS (E)(v2.0)(2004-06-14)[SCPH70008].bin
- PS2 Bios 30004R V6 Pal.NVM
- PS2 Bios 30004R V6 Pal.MEC
- PS2 Bios 30004R V6 Pal.bin
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s):-
Here are some basic questions asked by people and their answers related to PS2 BIOS.
Q1. How To Download PCSX2 For Mac ?
Ans. When you search for PCSX2 for Mac on the internet, you will see a huge list of sites that claim to have PS2 emulators for Mac. Those sites might have emulators for Mac but downloading an exe file from a random site could cause damage to your device. So, instead of downloading PCSX2 for Mac from a random site, I recommend you to visit it official site, Pcsx2.net.
Q2. Is Using Emulator To Play PS2 Games on MAC legal ?
Ans. Yes, using a PS2 emulator to play PS2 games on Mac is legal.
Q3. What is the PS2 BIOS file ?
Ans. PS2 BIOS is a bunch of ROM files that help players emulate PlayStation 2 games on Windows and Mac.